Last Updated on October 2, 2023 by Kyle
Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
Do you have plantar fasciitis, and do you think you could benefit from a shoe insole or orthotic insert? If so, you know the pain that is involved with the condition, and for those of us who have had plantar fasciitis or currently suffer from plantar fasciitis, you know that anything that can help with the pain is a plus. In this post, we take a look at the best insoles for plantar fasciitis reviews.
We hope you love the products we recommend! If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission
Table of Contents
Types of Shoe Inserts
There are two types of shoe inserts. There are insoles, and there are orthotics.
Insoles, are inserts that you can buy in a store either physically or online on amazon.com. They can be bought without a prescription, providing cushioning and support for your feet. They are usually made out of gel, plastic, or foam.
These inserts fit inside your shoes. They are not custom-made for your feet like an orthotic would be. Insoles can provide arch support or extra cushioning of the heel, around the toe, or for your entire foot. Also, they don’t cost as much as orthotics.
Orthotics are very different from insole shoe inserts. Orthotics are prescription medical devices, that you wear inside your shoes. They can correct foot issues such as problems with how you stand, walk, or run.
Orthotics usually are more on the expensive side, since you must see a doctor and have them custom-made for your foot.
We will be mainly focusing on the best insoles for plantar fasciitis and review several of the top insoles that are available for purchase without a doctor’s prescription or costly customization. We felt the Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe Insoles, were the best all-round shoe insole that would help with plantar fasciitis pain.
Do shoe insoles help foot pain?
I guess that is really the question right. The truth is, yes they do work. However, like most treatments for pain, some treatments work better for some than others. Take a look at the below video for more information:
Features of a great shoe insole or insert
When we took a look a some of the top shoe insoles for plantar fasciitis pain, we found that the following features were most important.
- CUSHIONING: Extra cushioning, to enhance the comfort in your shoes. A little extra cushioning helps absorb the shocks or walking and running, which could lessen your foot pain.
- ARCH SUPPORT: Firm and flexible arch support and heel cradle increase foot support and stability. Support is key to helping relieve the pain you encounter with plantar fasciitis.
- FABRIC: We felt insoles with heat and friction reducing fabric helps feet stay cool, dry, and odor-free. A plus is an insole with antimicrobial features. After all, no one likes stinky feet.
- VERSATILITY: The insole needs to be versatile, supporting different arch types. The insole also needs to fit a variety of shoe types with removable insoles. Not many folks just have one type of shoe. An insole that can fit a work boot, running, and a dressy casual shoe would be ideal.
Reviews of the best insoles for plantar fasciitis
The Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe insole is made of durable EVA foam with a semi-rigid arch support. The insole is made out of an anti-microbial fabric that helps the feet stay cool and dry. The insoles are very versatile and fit a wide variety of shoes. It is available in 12 men’s and ten women’s sizes.
- Immediate relief of pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
- Users felt the insole was made of good quality materials and had the right support and cushioning.
- Users felt the insoles were true to size and did not need any customization to fit in their shoes.
- Some felt that the insole did not last as long as it should.
- Others felt that insoles were a little uncomfortable during the break-in period.
- Users felt that the insole could use a little more cushion.
The Physix Gear Sport insole, has a more robust arch support to help balance the foot’s structure. It is made from a dual layered high performance EVA foam. They are also made from an anti-microbial fabric, which is also very versatile for use from the office to the gym. The insole is made with an ergonomic nonslip design. It is available in 12 men’s and women’s sizes.
- Users felt the insole was great a supporting the entire foot.
- Most users felt there was little to no break-in period, which helps in getting pain free results faster.
- People felt the product was made well and will last a long time even with daily use.
- Some users felt the insole did not contain enough cushioning, especially for larger people.
- Several users reported that the insole wouldn’t or didn’t fit their shoes well because they were too wide.
- Many users felt the insoles were just too stiff to allow the foot to move as it should and did not help their foot pain.
The Sof Sole Men’s Airrm has a reinforced nylon stability plate to help with motion control. The insole has air bubbles to help with shock absorption. They are made from a cooling anti-microbial fabric that helps keep your feet cool and odor free. The insole is available in four sizes for men’s athletic shoes.
- Users felt the insoles supported their feet well and were very comfortable
- Some stated that the insoles were of good quality and should last long.
- Great for people who spend long amounts of time on their feet since they provide support and cushioning.
- Users felt that the insoles didn’t last as long as they expected them to.
- Some thought the soles were too thick, making them uncomfortable in certain shoes
- The insoles are only intended for athletic/running shoes, so they are not very versatile.
Heel that Pain Plantar Fasciitis insole is designed to help relieve heel, arch, and plantar fasciitis pain. The insert has a fascia bar that applies acupressure to the base of the heel bone. It is also made with a soft Lycra foam and comes in three sizes for men only.
- People really like the fascia bar which seems to help greatly with plantar fasciitis pain
- Users really liked the arch support provided by the insole.
- Many users stated that the insoles provided immediate relief of their plantar fasciitis symptoms
- Some users stated that the insole ran a little small.
- Users felt that the arch support sometimes made the insole too hard to fit in certain types of shoes.
- People felt that the insole did not provide enough cushioning for their needs.
The RooRuns Orthotic Inserts provide an ergonomic design for optimal arch support. They include a top grade plastic plate for arch support, soft EVA foam top layer for stabilization. They are versatile and work in many different types of shoes from work boots to dress shoes. The insoles are available in seven sizes for both men and women.
- Users felt the insoles were true to size and very comfortable for the price
- Many stated that the insoles provided very good arch support providing a little less firm support than some other insoles.
- People were very pleased that the insoles fit a wide variety of shoes.
- Some users were concerned about the insoles holding up after a long period of use specifically where the arch seam is.
- Other users felt the insoles were not as supportive due to their mostly foam construction.
- Users felt it took a while to get used to the new insoles.
The SOUL INSOLE micro-size Max Comfort insole is a unique micro sized orthotic insole. It is made from a clear durable gel and has a secure adhesive that keeps the insole from moving within your shoe. It is also easily washable and reusable.
- The secure adhesive is easily reactivated by rinsing with water
- Smaller size allows for use in dress and slimmer fitting shoes. You can even use it with flip flops or sandals.
- The insole is very durable, washable, and can be moved from shoe to shoe easily
- Some felt that getting the correct placement in the shoe was a little hard.
- The support was a little lacking for those with flat feet.
- Some users had issues with the adhesive being too strong making it difficult to remove from your shoe, or not as sticky after many washings.
So what are the best insoles for plantar fasciitis?
Overall we felt the Powerstep Pinnacle Shoe Insoles, were the best insoles you could purchase for plantar fasciitis pain that we reviewed. However, I don’t think you could go wrong with any of these insoles.
If you are experiencing plantar fasciitis pain, it is always best to get it checked out by your physician. With a good treatment plan and maybe the Powerstep Pinnacle Shole Insoles, you will be back on good feet in no time.
- Have you tried massaging away your Plantar Fasciitis pain? Read Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
- Have you ever used KT Tape? Read KT Tape for Plantar Fasciitis Review. I have personally used KT Tape to help with my own plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
- As always, remember RICE it helps.