Table of Contents
- 1 Achilles Tendonitis
- 2 Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendonitis
- 3 Key Features of the Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendonitis
- 4 Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendon Injury In Depth
- 5 Bauerfeind AchilloTrain
- 6 Corflex Achimed Achilles Support
- 7 Levamed Ankle Support
- 8 Senteq Ankle Brace
- 9 Bauerfeind Sports Ankle Support Dynamic
- 10 Which One Should You Get?
The Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in the human body. It connects your heel bone to your calf muscles and is used when walking, running, and jumping. Achilles tendonitis occurs when the Achilles tendon becomes inflamed or aggravated.
Achilles tendonitis occurs in the middle area of the tendon which is slightly above the heel, and typically affects athletes and younger individuals.
Achilles tendonitis can also occur in anyone, even people who are not active, and occurs on the lower portion of the heel. For more information, check out this post on Achilles tendonitis.
We hope you love the products we recommend! If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission
Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendonitis
So you have Achilles tendonitis, now what? You more than likely should take a look at getting a brace. A brace will provide compression and support to help with your Achilles tendonitis. So what is the best ankle brace for Achilles tendonitis?
We reviewed several braces and we believe the Bauerfeind AchilloTrain, was the best brace we tested. I felt this brace provided the best of both worlds by providing support as well as providing a messaging effect to stop swelling and bruising.
Key Features of the Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendonitis
A good Achilles tendon brace will have good compression. Compression is key to the recovery process and to help against further injury. Compression will guide the stabilization of the joints.
This will help with the reduction of swelling and bruises. Also allowing good blood circulation to the area will help in the healing process.
Breathability is key in any brace. Especially when it comes to braces being worn around the foot/ankle area. Often these braces are worn under a sock and with shoes on. It is key to have a fabric that is breathable that wicks away moisture, keeping the foot dry and comfortable.
A key factor in rehabbing you Achilles is to keep the tension off of the Achilles tendon. A good brace will include some type of heel assist, either an insertable heel wedge or some type of wedge built into the brace itself.
Being that the brace will be on your foot/ankle area, the brace needs to be durable and hold up to continued use. The brace needs to be made of quality fabrics that will not prematurely wear.
The best braces should be durable enough to wear daily while the healing process continues which could last up to six weeks.
Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendon Injury In Depth
The brace comes in three different colors. and six sizes. It is made from a breathable train active knit. Two viscoelastic pads are integrated into the fabric. It is highly elastic for easy on/off wear.
- Anatomical optimal shape
- Made of Breathable Materials
- Helps promote circulation via compression
What People Think
Name: Bauerfeind AchilloTrain
- People tend to love the quality of this brace, and think that is a good value.
- Most people who have bought this brace think that you make sure you get the correct measurement of your foot so the brace fits correctly.
- Some people thought that the brace didn’t fit well within some shoes, making them feel that the foot was being forced inward.
Corflex Achimed Achilles Support
The brace comes in 3 different colors and 7 Sizes. The brace is made out of polyimide, polyester, and elastane. The fabric has two silicon inlays that are integrated into the fabric. The brace is designed to be worn in comfort all day.
- Massage effect due to integrated silicone pads -> reduction of swellings (edema, hematomas)
- Compression → Guidance and stabilization of the joints
- The optional, insertable heel wedges reduce painful tension on the Achilles tendon
What People Think
Name: Corflex Achimed Achilles Support
- People seem to love the support the brace provides.
- Most people who have bought this brace think you make sure you get the correct measurement of your foot so the brace fits correctly.
- Most believe, as I did, that the product is superior in construction and quality.
Levamed Ankle Support
The brace comes in 6 sizes and five colors. The brace is made out of compression fabric with silicone inserts. The brace also has silicone inserts.
- Anatomically tailored support with silicone pads
- Very elastic, breathable, and moisture-transporting fabric
- A specially knitted comfort-zone over the instep prevents constriction and pressure areas
What People Think
Name: Levamed Ankle Support
- People liked that it was easy to get on and off.
- Most thought that is was easy to wear and was supportive while conducting athletic activities.
- Most thought it made a big difference in the pain level experienced when walking.
Senteq Ankle Brace
The brace comes in two sizes, medium and large. The brace comes in only one color. The brace features a lacing and velcro closure. It is designed to be worn with shoes.
- Stabilize weak ankles to prevent sprains, strains, and other injuries while maximizing comfort
- For the treatment of pain related to sprains, strains, arthritis, and excessive muscle and joint movement
- Adjustable cross tension straps for added stabilization and support, Breathable material, Fits left or right.
What People Think
Name: Senteq Ankle Brace
- Most thought it was very affordable when compared to other braces.
- People thought it provided good support and foot ankle alignment.
- People thought it was easy to put on and take off, though some thought it took a little while to get used the lacing/velcro system.
Bauerfeind Sports Ankle Support Dynamic
The brace comes in 6 sizes and two colors. It is made of highly elastic fabric for regulated compression. It is durable and easy to clean.
- Slim design
- The specially knit fabric is breathable and durable
- Designed to promote mobility, not restrict it
What People Think
Name: Bauerfeind Sports Ankle Support Dynamic
- People thought the brace was excellent quality for the price.
- Most thought the construction and fit were excellent.
- People felt the fabric worked well and were very breathable.
- Some thought it wasn’t as supportive if you have had a severe injury.
Which One Should You Get?
So which brace should you get? Each of the five braces we reviewed was pretty good at supporting the Achilles. Helping make you feel more stable in your day-to-day activities.
If you are searching for the Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendonitis you want a brace that is:
- Provides Compression
- Is easy to get on and off
- It is made of a breathable material
- Well-made and durable
In this case, you couldn’t go wrong with any of these picks, but in our opinion, the Best Ankle Brace for Achilles Tendonitis was the Bauerfeind AchilloTrain. We just felt it met each of the criteria that are important for an Achilles tendon brace to have.
If you are having achilles tendon pain, it is important to see a doctor for a checkup. You deserve to feel better and get back to your day-to-day activities. With the right care and treatment plan, you will be back on healthy feet in no time.